If you and/or your partner decide to divorce, you will need a lawyer. You may choose to each call in your own lawyer. Sometimes, there is no other option. Possibly, one party will file for a divorce, while the other defends. Often, it is possible, after mutual consultation with you and the lawyers, to come to an arrangement. In other cases, you may both be represented by a single lawyer, who will make sure that the consequences of the divorce are correctly settled. Such a lawyer, or lawyer-mediator, will discuss with you both how the divorce is best settled.
Bogaerts & Groenen and Family and Divorce
Our division Family and Divorce will help you in all subjects concerning divorce and family law. When a couple decides to separate, many different aspects may have to be dealt with. We will list a selection of these below.
The Bogaerts & Groenen lawyers are specialised in the following areas:
- Dissolution of a registered partnership
- Termination of cohabitation
- Division of matrimonial property
- Settlement of cohabitation contract
- Division of joint property
- Acknowledging children
- Custody, joint custody, parental access
- Custody plan
- Name change
- Receivership, trusteeship, mentorship, BOPZ (Psychiatric Hospitals Compulsory Admissions)
- Law of succession, inheritance